Sunday 30 January 2011

our brave American allies

This week at the Fundacion there are some American visitors and governors. I think they are here to try and make plans and sort out financing from possible supporters. This means my hosts Bill and Ceci are fairly involved so everything here is very up in the air and our usual routine has gone. We now have our meals up at the guest house with the others. For some reason they find my being English is hilarious!! They keep on making jokes about my "English" (cheek!) and finding my expressions highly amusing. Of course it works both ways! I know it´s seriously immature of me but I can´t help smiling each time they ask for the soda or talk about panty-hose. It makes me feel like I´m watching an American film. Ah bless them!

 This afternoon they came to our house for tea and cake. Ceci looked a bit lost so I sorted out the tea cups, kettle, cakes etc. the Americans loved it, they thought it was an original English afternoon tea. I didn´t like to ruin their illusions so I agreed and said we always have afternoon tea at home with crumpets ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment