Monday 24 January 2011

Hi,
    5 things I´ve learnt so far:
1) No matter what you clothes you choose if you´re wearing a body belt then you will look like a mutant pregnant kangaroo!
2) When getting unto a moving bus hold on or you will fall out.
3)Being a white female gives every weird guy thr right to make weird noises at you apparently.
4)It´s nearly impossible to saty awake during an hour long sermon when you don´t understand a SINGLE word. and finally...
5) Natwest cards do not work at all in Ecuador.

Point 5 is something I wish I knew before I put all my money into Natwest. I am now without money which certainly makes things interesting. I would appreciate prayer for this problem please if someone could spare a moment.

   In spite of the money issue so far I´m having a good time. Ceci and Bill are nice. Yesterday was Cecis´grandons 1st birthday so they had a family party. 12 of them and only 1 of me! But it went by really well. Turns out you can communicate quite a lot with a pocket dictionnary and lots of hand guestures :) I am truly lucky to have been put into such a friendly family(in spite of them insisting I join in family photos.) I have noticed that I do tend to stand out here in pictures...can´t imagine why!

  Went into the centre of Quito today to collect my passport back and get my Censo. I noticed my poor passport has been thoroughly messed up. Ah well, it now looks all battered in an interesting way, makes me feel like a true world traveller! The censo is hugely important but I dodn´t know why. I think it makes me legal or something:) Once again we experienced the joys of Ecuadorain organistional skills. You wait and get into right office (after 2 wrong starts) to then find out you need all sorts of requirements that nobody has metioned before. Lots of running around and then start all over again. Not much privacy either, the queue just comes into the office with you while you´re being interviewed! however miracle of miracles (and it is a miracle) I got my censo in 1 day!!!!! I am now officailly a legal and accepted mssionary.

  Each time I meet someone new here I´m introduced as a missionary and I still can´t believe it. Doesn´t feel real. I mean it´s me! Me-who brought make-up, spare make-up and straightners with me. Me who has her teddy with her. Me who has a Spanish bible but can´t read a single verse in it. Being a missionary is grown up and serious, it just isn´t me. Lets hope God knows what He is doing...

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely pray for you concerning the Nat West situation. Very worrying. But on the upside, God knows what he's doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi missionary! Thank God that he likes to use us as we are, and what we are doesn't matter because of who He is! I'm sure that people would rather have a missionary with her own teddy than one who Bible bashes them or insists that her way is the right way. I definitely would. Hope the money gets sorted out - will pray for you. Lots of love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete