Friday 28 January 2011

 I´ve been here over a week! 10 days ago I was feeling a bit confused and we didn´t know whether I´d be able to get a visa and come but here I am. Hard to believe after all the training, fundraising and preparing that I´m actually here. This time last year I had no idea of going away, I would never have imagined being in Ecuador, in fact I didn´t even know where Ecuador was! As always God has a plan. It´s such a comfort to know that He has a bigger plan and is in control.

  This week I have felt God near me and it has been such a comfort. There are many kind people here but when everyone else speaks another language it can be very isolating. Every mornig I sit on the veranda to pray. I can look down into the garden. There are beautiful tropical flowers that I can´t even name and right next to them are roses and gladioli. It´s nice to see "English" flowers mixed in with the sumptious tropical flowers. Itreminds me that God is with me here as well as  when I´m home. Not matter what changes-God is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment