Saturday 5 February 2011

hello,
   I have so much to write about I honestly don´t know where to start! I had hoped that once I got out here I would suddenly become mature and organised but that clearly isn´t happening.

     Last night I went out to Pizza Hut with the visiting missionaries. I ate far too much which isn´t good. There was one lovely moment though when somebody asked me what work I´d be doing once I went up to S Domingo. I started to tell the guy about our hopes to get a womens refuge up and running. He asked me what I´d do and what we hoped to achieve. As you all know I am not a nurse, lawyer or trained counsellor; my ability to help those poor abused women is limited. Talking about it rekindled my passion- I want to tell those women how amazingly special and unique they are. I want them to know how much God loves them and how He has great plans for them! They need to know this so they can realise how valuabale they are.

   As I was talking I suddenly realised that everyone else was listening in. maybe I´d got a bit carried away in what I was saying? I don´t know. What I do know is that this work is fantstic and I´m so happy and priviledged to be here!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment