Thursday 10 February 2011

ups&downs

What a week! Nothing much has happened but it´s been a bit difficult for me even so. This week I´ve had 4 young American students join me in my classes which is fun. I´m getting a lot more practise at Speaking Spanish which is great but we get homework which is not so great!

    I have discovered a mean streak me and I´m shocked. One of the students has no Spanish at all which in comparison makes me look good. I know it´s horrible of me but I love the fact that he´s no good-it´s such an ego boost for me! How awful am I?! On The bright side though it does show me that I have actually picked up something during the last few weeks which has thoroughly cheered me and my teacher up :)

  Earlier on in the week I had an evening on my own in the house which I usually love but this week it was different. I hate to adit it since everyone is so kind to me but I ended up feeling lonely and a little homesick. I hadn´t expected to feel homesick yet so it  was a rather nasty shock. When I´d left my sister had smuggled a letter into my suitcase and this week I finally read it to cheer me up. It was lovely and it said it excatly what I needed to hear. "Whatever ups and downs you experience God is with you....keep trusting because He knows what He is doing!" God is so good. That letter was wonderful, it cheered me and made me happy again, it showed me my amazing familys love for me and it reminded me of Gods plans for me. I know there´ll be other times when I´m down (not too many I hope) but I know God will be with me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that's a mean streak Tiggy, I think it's called "being human". I think in our secret hearts we all like to do things better than others or look good at their expense, and if we're honest we can admit that and ask for God's help with our fallen nature.

    ReplyDelete