Monday 18 April 2011

to post or not to post


   Finally got to my mail box today and what a Shakespearean performance that was!!! Tried to mail letters and the man was quite emphatic that England did not exist!! 10 minute battle later and we finally managed to locate the UK but he was most reluctant. Wanted to send my mail to Italy and then forward it from there. I refused to believe that Italy was easier, closer or more popular than GB. I mean honestly! tut tut. The young man did not speak English (fair enough) but he wouldn't speak slowly and refused to repeat anything. He was evidently doing me a huge favour by deigning to serve me!

   Collecting post was just as fun including a need for ID which then had to be copied and checked. Plus a need for my signature in triplicate!

No comments:

Post a Comment