Monday 4 April 2011

here I am


    I arrived safely yesterday and am installed here in S Domingo! The suitcases are unpacked and I've completed my first morning at the school. A manic and exhausting work! 10 kids so far and all of them a very seriously disabled. 4 of them are ill due to the fact they are children from incestuous families :( This is going to be interesting. The weather here is incredibly hot and humid! My hair is already going fluffy and I've spent the last 20 hours wanting a shower every single minute.

   The family are nice and we all seem to be getting on fine at the moment. The 12 year old son has been kicked of hid bedroom (now mine!) and is sharing with his 14 year old sister. Neither of them mind!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such niceness cannot be normal!

3 comments:

  1. I'm soo glad you arrived safely. The family you're staying with sound very hospitable - you'll have to tell us more about them.

    What a humbling work you're involved in. God bless you and the community you're working with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got there safely, hope you manage to settle in quickly and control/ignore the frizz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only comfort is that my mad hair distracts from the second hand uniform tshirt I wear which is soo large it goes down to my knees!

    ReplyDelete