Tuesday 1 March 2011

   On Monday I arrived at the post office (yet again) but this time I had a clever excuse! I didn´t need to look pathetically into my empty mail box, this time I needed to print off a document. If I just "happened" to check my mail box it would not be important. This slight deception is because I check my mail box a lot and usually it´s empty. Up until last week it didn´t really bother me since the post office lady is friendly and I practise my Spanish on her plus the walk to Conocoto is my only source of excercise. However...last week a lady watched me check my empty mail box and say to the PO lady "ah look at her, she doesn´t have any friends!" As my sister says-shame on my name ;)

   Yesterday  as I arrived the PO lady stood up and waved at me and gave me a big thumbs up! Did this mean I had a letter? I didn´t want to get too excited so I went over to the computer and started printing off my documents. When I went over to pay I casually opened my mail box while nobody was looking and...a pile of letters fell out!!! The Post office lady came over beaming at me.

    Getting letters and cards from family is so special. The nicest surprise though was the reaction from the Post Office lady, she was so obviously genuinly thrilled for me. I know it sounds cheesy but seeing her beaming at me with excitement was the nicest bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment