Thursday 17 March 2011

Hello,
        what should I write? Mmmm nothing major has happened but lots of little things. Ceci reviewed our classes this week and apparently I´m now on Level 5. Level 10 is what we are aiming for I think, I´d hoped to be further along than half way there but on the other hand it´s good to know I´v made some progress!

   On Sunday I went back to Sangolqui market and wow it really is quite something! The weirdest moment for me was walking past a 3ft high pile of live crabs waiting to be sold (dinner?) I do find it hard to see young children working and selling things. I know it´s just part of the culture here but it still feels strange to me.

     I´ve been touched this week by a couple of examples of the faith I see here. The other day Ceci, her grandson and I were out for a walk when we were harassed by a mentally ill man. He chased us, shouted and started throwing rocks at us. It was quite a scarey moment and the poor little boy was very upset. That night he  was too upset and scared to sleep so his mother read him some favourite Bible verses to calm him. On Tuesday Cecis mother was quite ill with high blood pressure. Ceci, her daughter and I went to visit her. As well as giving aspirin, making her comfy etc we annointed her with a little oil, read the bible and prayed over her. It was a really moving moment, us kneeling round her bed praying.

  Oh hang on. Just had a phone call from Jill, my mission partner, she´s invited me to Santo Domingo this weekend. I will stay with her, meet some people I´ll be living and working with. Yay, this sounds like a great opportunity and a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment