Wednesday 1 June 2011

Children are a gift from God...always?


  Today is "Childrens Day" here and it is a big deal! so much for my mums "every day is childrens day!" philosophy!!! This morning we didn't do any work which was nice but we did spend the whole time painting and playing games and dancing instead which leaves me rather tired to be honest. Especially since dancing means jumping up and down and generally being bouncy. We have one very large boy who has managed to become as wide as he is tall. Naturally the poor kid has no energy and refuses anything that requires movement. I was shocked that the teachers don't insist on his joining in! Normally I would just move the child in question but obviously that was impossible in this case!! Not prepared to give up so easily I grabbed his hands and danced and moved his arms along with me...he was NOT pleased! I got a most outraged and disgusted look.

   I'm going out to Laura Flores this afternoon for their Children's party (no rest for the wicked.) This will,hopefully, be a good opportunity for me to meet the mums and have maybe even have a chat with them. I've volunteered to help out with the women's ministry there; doing craft workshops and possibly massages.


     Tonight is THE night...I'm dyeing my hair woohoo. I say I am but actually I've roped in my local friendly missionary Katy to do it for me. The amusing thing is, she's never ever used hair dye before. I'm partly worried about getting dyed ears and partly amused by the feeling I get that I'm a worldly influence on the missionaries here!  I also got another manicure yesterday which was fun. This time I have musical notes  on my nails.  The young girl who "did" me was fascinated, she'd never met a white person before! I hope I didn't let the side down.

1 comment:

  1. Okay. At the risk of soundly 'worldly', could we get a photo of your nails on here? That sounds really interesting.

    Not that your reflections on children are secondary.

    ReplyDelete