Wednesday 8 June 2011

a sad and sorry Tigger

Home-sickexperiencing a longing for one's home during a period of absence from it.


   Well, if that is the definition then I am NOT home-sick. I don't particularly want to be back in sunny Liverpool. On the other hand I am thinking longingly of all the things I can do when I return. I do not miss the cold of England but I do miss the comforts of the cold! Fluffy blanket, hot cups of tea, comfy slippers and  wrapping up in a fleecy dressing-gown. I do look forward to coming home to these. I have seen lush tropical forests, palm and banana trees galore and I am looking forward to ice, hail, snow and walks in Calderstones Park!  We are silly; always craving what we don't have!


   It's been a emotional week and now I am unwell with a stomach upset. As you can imagine they are very common out here and I'm very lucky that this is my first serious upset. Instead of rejoicing in my previous good fortune though I am sitting here feeling rather miserable and sad&sorry for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment