Friday 9 September 2011

so here I am

So here I am back in Quito. I´ve been sent up here for a bit while I recuperate and rest. It´s been 4 days and I´m loving it. It is so much more restful here and relaxing.

 One of the side effects of being ill is losing weight. Not that I recommend Typhoid as a weight loss plan but..it is nice to have everyone tell me I´ve lost weight! The paleness isn´t so good but I´m going out  every day and I´m hoping to catch a bit of surnburn. Lobster red might not be pretty but it´s got to be better than the ghost white shade I´m currently stuck with ;)


 My mum is coming out to visit me in 40 days (not that I´m counting!) so I´m borrowing guide books and trying to plan what we´ll do and where to visit. There are soo many amazing places I want to go to!! Inca ruins, ancient gold treasuries, volcanoes, native markets, stunning beaches and lush tropical jungles. I read about these fantastic places and I look out of my window and I see hummingbirds and I remember how wonderful these last 7 months have been.

  I am soo lucky to be here. I can´t wait to get better and start having adventures again!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're starting to feel better, not been an easy time for you so far from home & so poorly. Enjoy your time with Leanne. Take care of yourself.
    Hil xxx

    ReplyDelete