Thursday 29 September 2011

I love you because you are mine

Last weekend I went away on a women's retreat. The theme was "The embrace of God" and we looked at God as a loving father. Nice stuff but to be honest God as my loving dad is a concept I've been familiar with for quite  a long time. Bit like the Nativity story-can be hard to make it feel fresh and special again.


     I'm not sure how but somehow our speaker, Clive, made it real and here is what I've learnt...
                                  "I love you because you are mine"
It's not about what you do, don't do or how good you are-God loves you because you are His.
   God says "I don't care what you've done, in you I see my son."


  Remember John 3:16? Everyone knows it so you must know it! Clive told us to make that personal so here goes-
" For God so loved Victoria that He gave his only begotten Son..."


  How fab is that?! For God so loved me. I don't know about you but when I said that out loud I couldn't stop smiling! If you don't mind looking like a demented but gloriously happy person give it a try and say it.


  At the end of the session when I didn't think I could feel any more joyful or loved I was given this message...

No comments:

Post a Comment